The CFE Exam Application:
Before you take the CFE Exam, your application and supporting
documentation need to be processed. This includes your CFE Exam application,
three CFE Candidate Recommendation Forms, proof of your education, a recent
photo and the exam fee. The cost to take the CFE Exam is US $400*. If you have
purchased the CFE Exam Prep Course, you will receive a US $100 credit on the
cost of the CFE Exam fee, the CFE Exam fee will be US $300.
*Please note that all fees are subject to change, and you are advised to confirm the latest fee structure at www.acfe.com.
The CFE Exam Application FAQ:
+1 (512) 478-9297
Please remember to mail or fax your examinee affidavit verifying your completion of the exam; you will receive a link to the examinee affidavit from the ACFE with your CFE Exam access code and CFE Exam results email. To avoid certification delays, ensure your CFE Exam application is complete, including your CFE Exam application, three CFE Candidate Recommendation Forms, proof of education and professional certifications, and a recent photo.
You will receive a notification on whether you passed or failed via email within 3-5 business days. In order to pass the exam, you must score at least 75% correct on each and every part. Exam scores are only released when you have not achieved the 75% pass rate. This procedure ensures the integrity of the testing process. The ACFE Board of Regents oversees the exam process. If you have studied using the CFE Exam Prep Course and do not pass, you might qualify for the Money-Back Pass Guarantee. If you do not qualify for the Money-Back Pass Guarantee or have studied on your own and do not pass, you may retake one section of the CFE Exam for $40, two sections for $75, three to four sections for $100. Failed exam sections may be paid for and retaken as many times as necessary, with one limitation: members must pass all four sections in three consecutive attempts. Once you pass the CFE Exam, your complete CFE Exam application will be reviewed by the ACFE Certification Committee. You should receive email notification of your CFE certification status within 5-7 business days of passing your exam and completing the CFE Exam application process. Your CFE certificate will be mailed to you within 4 to 6 weeks of your approved CFE certification notification.
· The ACFE’s Money-Back Pass Guarantee assures that any applicant who prepares for the CFE Exam with the CFE Exam Prep Course and fails the exam will be offered either free retakes of the exam or a refund of the cost of the CFE Exam Prep Course. In order to qualify for the Money-Back Pass Guarantee, you must meet certain conditions.
CFE Exam Prep Course FAQ:
Why is the CFE Exam Prep Course recommended?
Without the CFE Exam Prep Course, fewer than one in five candidates pass all sections of the exam on the first attempt. We are so confident of the CFE Exam Prep Course’s ability to prepare you for the CFE Exam that the ACFE guarantees you will pass on your first attempt or we will refund your money or let you retake sections of the CFE Exam at no charge (Money-Back Pass Guarantee).
No. The CFE Exam Prep Course is recommended to all exam applicants as the most comprehensive way to review for the exam; however, the course is not required. The CFE Exam Prep Course is offered in the following versions: US, Canadian, International, Japanese and UK.
The CFE Exam Prep Course focuses on four testing areas significant to the CFE Exam: Legal Elements of Fraud, Fraud Prevention and Deterrence, Financial Transactions, and Investigation Techniques. By providing typical exam questions, the program informs you whether your answer is correct and provides an explanation and study reference. The CFE Exam Prep Course contains 1,500 questions answers, and explanations. When you have answered all questions correctly and consistently scored at least 85% or more on the practice test for each section, you will be ready for the exam.
The toolkit includes the CFE Exam Prep Course, Fraud Examiners Manual (printed), Encyclopedia of Fraud (CD-ROM), and Corporate Fraud Handbook for $815 plus shipping and handling. Members also have the option of paying for the CFE Exam Prep Toolkit with our Members-Only Installment Plan with a total cost of $870 paying six monthly payments of $145 each (credit card payments only).
The ACFE’s Money-Back Pass Guarantee assures that any applicant who prepares for the CFE Exam with the CFE Exam Prep Course and fails the exam will be offered either free retakes of the exam or a refund of the cost of the CFE Exam Prep Course.
Not necessarily. Please contact Member Services for details.
No. The CFE Exam Prep Course is a computer program only offered on CD-ROM.
No. The CFE Exam Prep Course is designed for a single user, not for transfer or resale.
Yes. Your “Exam Prep Summary” will reflect all of your work done on multiple computers if you follow these directions.
· Choose “export progress file” from the Utilities menu.
· Save a copy to your hard drive. Save a copy to a floppy disk.
· Install the prep course on the second computer using the CD-Rom and the unlocking code.
· Go to the Utilities menu and choose “import progress file.”
· Choose the saved file from the floppy disk.
· Repeat this process every time you switch computers
Make sure that you have completed all your paperwork (submitted your three CFE Candidate Recommendation Forms, proof of education and experience and are an Associate Member of the ACFE).
· If you have studied using the CFE Exam Prep Course software, send your progress file to exam@ACFE.com. To export this file, go to the Utilities menu in the CFE Exam Prep program. Choose “Export Progress File” in this menu. Save a copy on your computer and email a copy to the ACFE at exam@ACFE.com. We will send you the exam code to unlock the exam that was included in the prep course software. It will take 3-5 business days for us to verify your completion of the CFE Exam Prep Course and send you the code via email.
· If you studied on your own, using the Fraud Examiners Manual, please contact us atexam@ACFE.com to request your CFE Exam. We will mail you a CD-ROM of the exam.
You can study on your own using the Fraud Examiners Manual and other additional reference materials. Approximately 90% of the CFE Exam’s questions are derived from material contained in the Fraud Examiners Manual while the remainder compiled from the Corporate Fraud Handbook, Second Edition.