Download Renewal Form
Membership that has been expired may be reinstated by applying for renewal by completing the form and paying any required reactivation or application fees.
Terms & Conditions
Please note the following:
1. Affiliates are entitled to all the benefits of local membership except that they are not eligible to:
1. Vote at the Chapter Annual General Meeting and Elections, unless specified by the Board of Directors
2. Be elected to the Chapter Board of Directors. Affiliate members may serve on committees.
2. When referring to their membership it must be stated clearly that they are affiliated to / an affiliate member of the South African Chapter of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners.
3. Local chapter membership status are in accordance with ACFE status, any change in status must be reported immediately. Affiliate members do not hold dual membership with the ACFE on international level. Affiliates of the Chapter are not required to meet the qualifications and requirements for certification in the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, but are encouraged to do so in the future.
4. Any member wishing to terminate his/her membership shall tender a written resignation to the Chapter Secretariat, but such resignation shall not become effective until accepted by the Chapter, and shall not relieve the resigning individual from the payment of dues for the expired portion of the current fiscal year, or give any right to rebate for dues paid, or any right to a prorated share or any other share of the assets of the Chapter.
5. Membership may be disqualified or suspended by majority vote of the Board of Directors if a member’s conduct or actions are not in the best interest of the organisation or in violation with the Constitution and Bylaws.
6. Members whose account payments are in arrears more than three months shall be suspended from the Chapter and shall lose all benefits until such monies are paid. Members whose account payments are more than six months in arrears shall cease to be affiliated to the Chapter
7. Any member who resigns, is disqualified, suspended or whose membership is terminated shall settle all debts with the organisation, return all regalia, records, documentation and other assets. Any member so disqualified shall immediately be deprived of all benefits of the organisation.
How do I update my contact information?
You can update your contact information online by logging in with your username and password, then selecting “My Account” in the Menu. You can also contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
If I change jobs, does my membership number “travel” with me?
Yes. Membership numbers with the ACFE SA Chapter is individual rather than organisational. Since your membership number is personal it is not transferable to someone else within your organisation should you leave the profession or your current employer. You should however immediately inform the chapter of your new contact details and billing information
Is an Affiliate Member required to become an Associate Member on international level and take the Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) Exam?
No. While we encourage every member to continually expand their anti-fraud knowledge, we do not expect, nor require, all of our members to become CFEs. Each member joins the ACFE with different goals and aspirations and we value all of them equally.
Who Qualifies to receive the SAQA NQF 7 Certificate?
Only those who successfully completed the ACFE’s International CFE exam after 1 January 2008 and are current members of the ACFE SA Chapter.